Tuesday was a good day....

YamaHead
This post is 6700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I left @ 4:30am yesterday morning for Central Oregon.....had to be in Bend by 8am for my 2nd Interview with a particular Structural Engineering firm I've been hoping to land work with. since my XT only has a 3gal. tank....I've typically fueled up @ a petrol station that's about the halfway point near a Ski Resort that I've been frequenting since I was 5. The one thing I totally spaced off was that this petrol station was closed when I arrived so I had to wait around for over an hour for them to open so I could complete my journey over the pass on Mt. Hood without running outta fuel!......Hence I was late for my Interview! :rolleyes:

So once I topped off the tank.....I rode like a Bat Outta Hell all the rest of the trip into Bend Oregon......where I was greeted by a very understanding owner & had a nice chat & was introduced to the rest of his team....which was a good thing......Cuz I landed the job! :thumb: & he wants me to start ASAP!

So by next Monday I'll be commuting from this location B) .....

Brians_BackYard.jpg

Literally, my brother's BackYard ;)

To work along this congested stretch of Tarmac :P .....

CommuteRoute.jpg

Every weekday to & from work......

Then home to my present residence on the weekends while viewing scenery like this on the way.....

WarmSprings_Bluff.jpg

MtJeff_WarmSprings.jpg

Till my house is sold....@ which time I hope to find a new residence here :yay: .....

DownTownPrinville.jpg

So for the time being.....this'll be my playground for @ least this summer :wub: ...

XT_BackYard.jpg

& Without a doubt, I'll be cleaning my bike & Hat a bit more often :blink: .....

BuggedXT.jpg

BuggedKBC.jpg

Just over 320 miles in the saddle that day....which'll be somewhat of a regular thing in the near future......but will be down to around 260 on the weekends & about 65miles per day for the work commute. ;)

Man....I can't wait to move! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A very good day indeed!

Congratulations on landing the position, hope this means the start of good things for you!

Methinks another bike might have to come into the equation with that commute ahead? The RD isn't probably the #1 choice, and faithful though the XT is for you it probably isn't fast or comfortable enough. How about another Seca? I'm sure you will find a way of turning the journey into (something more like) a pleasure trip!

Good luck with it all!

Andy

I'll take that as a bit of a suggestion from my Semi-Biased Scottish Divvy-Owner friend ;)

But TBH.....that's EXACTLY along the lines of what I was thinking of picking up for the daily commute B)

The RD & XT have definitely become life-long mechanical friends......but a 6-speed middleweight with the simplicity of the Seca/Divvy would complete the collection quite nicely.

I just gotta get my house sold & get through this summer......I then should be established enough to start having a look around for one. The other neat thing about Central Oregon is that Everybody has Toys!....

So there always seems to be someone looking to upgrade their collection.....Thus a variety of vehicles can be had for the right price @ any given time. :thumb:

Thanx Tom!

A good mate of mine has a hopped-up Banshee that goes like stink! B)

It's a RIOT to ride.....He's also got a 660 Raptor as well.....That beast is a workout to ride! :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online