XTZ 125 restoration project

DerekD
This post is 3025 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Rebuilt from sad wreck left to rot for 4 years. Salvaged wiring loom from a later model but can't make sense of the plus at the front end, nothing seems to match and wiring diagrams do not help....all different colours. Help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wiring is usually bike specific, you can't for instance take a loom off of a American import and fit it to a UK bike cos the plugs are different, same applies to the same bike but different years as they uprate or "improve" the wiring as the years pass, so if you have a loom that comes from a similar bike but newer than yours then the chances are that you need a manual for the bike you took it off of rather than the bike your working on cos the loom you have is nothing like the one you had. As for plug attachments that don't match this is part of the "improvement" mentioned earlier, your headlight,tail light, CDI and loads of other things have been changed by now and unless you chop off all of the plugs from your new loom and solder all the old plugs to the new loom your on a hiding to nothing as there is no way your going to get them to match. Best advice, buy the loom for your bike regardless of price or location as then it will fit. I bought a USA loom for my UK spec XJ750 and it took me 3 days of cutting and soldering to get it to work plus I had to change all the wire code colours to match the loom I had and not the loom it was supposed to be. Best of luck with your restoration mate.

Oh and it's always nice if you say hello in the new members section if your going to stick around. Folks are waryof peeps that ask for advice before they say hello, just sayin!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online