Ybr 125 Center stand/pedal sring (hook) on correctly?

125fightingmachine
This post is 2960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, any help is greatly appreciated on the matter - have I got the pedal spring hook the wrong way round? The wee metal twisty spring in also loose until getting the bike up on the center stand... And when off the center stand, it dosnt Spring right back up.

All the best n happy riding, Louis 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Louis, if the spring is loose then it don't matter what way round you put it the thing will still be loose, best bet buy a new spring and refit it. Just make sure you have it fitted correctly before you fork out on a new one. As an aside if your centre stand is wobbling up and down when you ride it can catch the road if you corner hard and spit you off. Best way to refit a centre stand spring I have found is to take one of the mounting bolts off, fit the spring to the hooks then using the stand as a lever force the stand inwards while a mate bungs the bolt back through, you can do it yourself but I guarantee you'll skin your knuckles. Best of luck.

One other thing, it's always nice if you say hello in the new members section!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online