Yamaha XV950 Comfort Seat

David Edinburgh
This post is 3048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

New to this (or any) bike forum, but have just bought a brand new XV950 and have covered about 30 miles - unfortunately, I'm getting the same old pain in the ass (literally) I've experienced with other bobber style bikes I've owned.

Before I start ordering solo sprung replacement saddles etc, can anybody advise if they have gone down the same route of sourcing a comfier (softer) replacements ?

I suffer from a condition called pilonidal sinus (right at the base of your spine), and have had a few op's over the years - and really cant be riding something that brings it back.

Previously, I've tried gel pads, but never felt like they offered any real grip.

Thanks in advance for any advice available our there.

Cheers

David (Edinburgh)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well David that sounds like an uncomfortable problem, my advice, for what it's worth, is to go to your nearest seat refinisher and see what they can offer, the only problem with custom seats is they cost a bloody fortune and getting it right can be a bit hit and miss. If gel pads don't work then how about a seat cut out like they do for horse saddles, I know it sounds daft but when you think about it your pain comes from resting your tail bone on the seat itself, if you can reduce that or even eliminate it then you should have a more comfortable ride. something like this might help?

yamaha-mt-07-comfort-seat-1ws-247c0-00-0from these people http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-mt-07-comfort-seat.html

Good luck with your problem mate, this is £176 so not cheap. I know it's not for your bike but I bet they will make you one.

I had that problem with standard seat on my xvs950 (the custom touring version of yours) I buy a mustang seat from US, cost me almost £450  I think with taxes, but is a vintage style with a backrest, the normal version is something around £350, with standard one, a lot of pain after 60-100 miles. with mustang one, I do almost 2000 miles in 36 hours with no pain at all. 

you can start take a look here http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lallasro said:

I had that problem with standard seat on my xvs950 (the custom touring version of yours) I buy a mustang seat from US, cost me almost £450  I think with taxes, but is a vintage style with a backrest, the normal version is something around £350, with standard one, a lot of pain after 60-100 miles. with mustang one, I do almost 2000 miles in 36 hours with no pain at all. 

you can start take a look here http://www.mustangseats.com/Category/Seats

When down the same route with my xvs1300 and the difference was amazing, after fitting the mustang seat I could ride all day with no problems.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online