Yamaha LS2-100 refuses to run. Please help!

Kyletynan
This post is 3042 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a yamaha LS2-100 that will not run. I have been riding it for about 6 months with a new top end. It ran perfectly until it bogged out during a ride. I just figured it was a carb issue, but that's not the case. I cleaned the carbs twice and cleaned the gas tank. Also put brand new plugs in it. I finally got it to idle fine, but as soon as I take it off the stand and put it in gear it instantly dies. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeap, sound like a switch or wire fault. remove the switch and see what happening if you connect the wires directly

C'mon guys, side stand switch in 1972!!

You say 'bogged', (in your non introduction first post, that isn't in the new members area, HINT!). Do you want to expand on that a little, were you at high rpm on a dual carriageway. Low on fuel, low on oil, hot day, long trip, bike cold, did it start easy afterwards, do you live in the mountains or the desert, ( that kind of information could be in an introduction :question:).

• Like 1

are the clutch plates stuck together, is it simply stalling because the clutch wont disengage?

can you push the bike when it's in gear and the clutch is disengaged,? ... if you cant the plates are stuck together

there, lots of help and and no intro you're doing well

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online