Crash helmet security?

slice
This post is 3055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok here's an odd one for you, just looking at  a thread someone put up saying they could not secure their helmet inside the little Neos 50 they owned and what lid would fit in the supplied hole under the seat, so I had a thought about my own helmet, it has one of the new attachments that click together rather than the old "D" ring type fitting, so my question is (at last I hear you say) how do you secure a "new" style helmet to your bike helmet lock? There is no obvious attachment I can see on the lid for this to work, am I missing something or is it expected that you carry your lid around all day. Just one of those things that pop into your head now and then, anyone got an idea?

You could I suppose use the loop in the nylon strap that carries the click mechanism but that would cause wear that would eventually make the strap unsafe and if you have the time you can fiddle the strap through the fitting.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 6 month old AGV lid has the old style 'd' links, only problem being when I use the helmet lock on the FJ it rests on the exhaust lol.

If I'm on my other bikes I just use a push bike lock

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

I carry mine around.

Could never use the lid lock on the Drag Queen, as the luggage was in the way, so I don't miss it. I also don't trust the weather to remain dry and I certainly don't trust other people to not kick/knock/scratch my lid.

Left my helmet locked to my bike years ago. Came back to find some clever fucker had cracked a raw egg inside.

Never again.

• Like 3

I generally use the helmet bag that comes with the helmet.

I generally don't wander off that far either.

the D clips are the only thing that are sanctioned for racing

Helmets can't get a certain safety rating without D links either

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks fellas, was just a thought, wondered if others used their lid lock or not and how they attached the "new" click lock to the bike, in truth I never leave the thing attached to the bike either, it was just a random brain fart ! :shrug:

I think people just put a lock through the chin bar/visor and attach it to the bike. I put mine in the top box along with boots/trousers/gloves (52L Givi Trekker)

My helmet has the D links too, but I don't have a helmet lock on my bike... so I either carry it around, leave it on the bike if it'll be in plain sight or I use a gun lock (I got for free) to lock it to the luggage rack. I hope never to find egg (or spit) in my helmet or that someone knows how easily they can break the cable of the gun lock. :eusa_think: 

• Like 1