Fitting Custom Fender to Virago 535

MarkLevermore
This post is 2986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks, new to the  Club and new to Viragos. I have moved from a (don't sneer) Chinese 125 Cruiser - not unlike a Dragstar 125 - the Lexmoto Lowride. It had a lovely, albeit plastic, big front fender like the Dragstar. The Virago 535 has a weeny front fender and I'm anticipating a lot of splash back in the rain!

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a Dragstar Fender to a Virago 535 - the 535 does have a slimmer front wheel than the 650 and up but the 125 looks like the same size-ish front wheel.Z

Any thoughts

Thanks all

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't know this particular bike but in my experience you can fit anything you like after you have chopped it enough to fit. As long as it doesn't foul anywhere or leave the bike any way compromised you can adapt it to fit using the existing mounts and make a plate to take up any slack. Best thing is to get an old one from somewhere and offer it up and see if it will go in the hole you have, if not chop the fuck out of it till it goes in and see if your happy with the results, if you are then make what ever mods you need to mount it and Bobs you aunties brother. Hopefully Kevtherev will be along soon as he can fit the oddest things together, some of his adaptions leave you just breathless with admiration or fear :D

• Like 1

Brilliant cheers - will have a go - just found a 650 front fender on fleabay - I'll give it a hack. Look forward to seeing if Kevtherev comes back too.

As Slice says , "As long as it doesn't foul anywhere" , It's a mudguard . A slimmed down guard with a fender extender would be nice . The one on my bike is off a mountain bike rear mudguard . I found it , lol! It's on the front , rightly keeps the craparrow-10x10.png off too .

11 hours ago, slice said:

Don't know this particular bike but in my experience you can fit anything you like after you have chopped it enough to fit. As long as it doesn't foul anywhere or leave the bike any way compromised you can adapt it to fit using the existing mounts and make a plate to take up any slack. Best thing is to get an old one from somewhere and offer it up and see if it will go in the hole you have, if not chop the fuck out of it till it goes in and see if your happy with the results, if you are then make what ever mods you need to mount it and Bobs you aunties brother. Hopefully Kevtherev will be along soon as he can fit the oddest things together, some of his adaptions leave you just breathless with admiration or fear :D

Fame at last ! lol , 

I've seen some nice mudguards made from old tyres , 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online