1992 DTR125 FRAME WITH A ? DTRE ENGINE

BikerMike92
This post is 2989 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi lads,

basically I managed to buy another dtr125 a couple hours ago but this one has a dtre engine and they've used the dtr loom (I think) and have just chopped it up in places, the lad I got it off had it running 3weeks ago but now it wont start, the engine feels spot on (better then my last one if I'm honest) so I don't think its anything to do with that, more to do with this loom,  the snorkel being ripped out and some plum screwing a oil pump cover there to try to cover the hole, it has a mikuni carb on it which I don't think my previous one had and it also came with a 30mm oko carb (not sure about that either to be honest my brains a sieve lol

also it seems to have a box screwed onto my oil tank? deffo didn't have that on my last one!! the ignition has been replaced, but... you guessed it, chopped, twisted and taped together! no clocks (don't use them anyway lol) has anyone got a couple of diagrams for the dtr and dtre looms? I cant seem to find a good quality one I can actually read on the internet :/...

also has anyone on here actually used a dtr loom on a dtre engine and have any pointers? iv just took the loom out completely, front end first couple inches of wires looks a bit dire but I reckon I maybe able to save it, but the rest seems okay(ish), i cant find a dtre loom anywhere so its a ring round to all the breakers tomorrow but I'm just trying to plan ahead and assume i cant find one (learnt to expect the worse lol)

ermm i think that's about it really, any help, ideas, or advice would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well.... after a very long search on the internet (about 8hours in total lol) iv managed to source 2 dtre looms at a great price, so they've been ordered and are being picked up tomorrow by the courier :)

that's one of my problems solved lol now I just need to source a new snorkel for the air filter, work out what the box on my oil tank is for, I think it could be an alarm system or immobiliser or something? my old dtr definitely didn't have one fitted!

my forks both need new seals n dust covers fitted..... or am I better off just sourcing a second hand pair that has decent seals as iv never done fork seals before? and I'm thinking by the time iv payed for the seals, dust covers, oil, seal puller etc ill probably be better off skipping the hassle and paying a little extra for a decent set..

I need a couple new servo cables as the previous owner has tried using the oil cable part from a throttle cable to power it lol that wont cut it with me even if it works, id rather replace it and feel the full effects when she;s finally ready.

so the real question is, do I use the oko thing I got spare with it (previous owner said that was what was on it originally :/) or do I clean up the mikuni carb and use that?

also is there anywhere I can get brand new panels for it? and does anyone know what other panels I could put on it? I quite like the yz mudguards etc, could I do a full plastics convertion if I change the tank also? will it be a direct fit?

id like to upload pictures of my build as I go aswell is there any specific place I should post it or should I just post it onto this thread iv already started?

summer time soon lads and ladies ;) baaaaaaaaaaaap

I'm guessing ill need to keep that on the bike then lol thanks Airhead as I was going to remove it, I'm glad I didn't now 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online