New to the site

This post is 2990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi lads, my names mike I'm from Plymouth, devon.

got my first bike about  20months ago (ybr125) didn't really like it as it just seemed boring and cold compared to a car, sold it, few months later got a 2stroke and iv been building, swapping selling and modifying bikes ever since, I think I'm on my 13th now haha (still got 2 and 2 projects). so since the summer when I started working on my first 2 stroke iv learnt how to rebuild bikes completely myself, I still get stumped now again but I think with no real qualifications I'm doing alright haha! anyways I had an old '91dtr a few months back, modified it a bit (cosmetically mainly as I was happy with the power ;) ) then got skint and sold it :( regretted it ever since and as luck would have it a lad walked past the mothers earlier pushing a DTR, asked him how much for a bit of banter and ended up actually buying it there and then so I'm over the moon haha, its been an unexpectedly good day! I guess you all know whats coming but ill get another post in the right place and explain there, just wanted to pop in tell ya a bit about myself  and say hi :)

then I post this in the wrong place lol sorry lads dunno how to delete it or move it to the right place lol

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum.

Got to be honest, I got bored after the third line. You should have posted in the Newbie section first methinks.

boring i know but i thought it was would be rude not to post and introduce myself first since I'm asking for advice and i didn't know what to say so i there ya go lol, i was supposed to post in the newbie section i dunno how i ended up posting it on here but i dunno how to delete/move it now so its kinda too late lol

Actually Mike, you've done a great intro albeit in the wrong section.

It's a funny old forum, very friendly but we do like newbies to introduce themselves first, which you have done rather than the "one hit wonders" that come on here and ask a   question never to be heard of again.

Anyway, As I said before. Welcome to the forum.

Btw. I was stationed in Plymouth in my Navy days, Devonport to be precise.

There you go Mike, now in the right section(new members intro)

6 minutes ago, mike1949 said:

Actually Mike, you've done a great intro albeit in the wrong section.

It's a funny old forum, very friendly but we do like newbies to introduce themselves first, which you have done rather than the "one hit wonders" that come on here and ask a   question never to be heard of again.

Anyway, As I said before. Welcome to the forum.

Btw. I was stationed in Plymouth in my Navy days, Devonport to be precise.

thank you, its my first time posting in a forum, i usually just google my problem and find a solution to my problem in the comments on forums lol,

iv read the same in the past on forums where people are "invited" to introduce themselves first as you've said, so i thought id best not get off on the wrong foot here as i plan to keep this bike for a while so chances are I'm going to need a point in the right direction now and then and maybe even be able to help someone else :) I'm good with engines and cosmetics but carbs and electrics are my downfall lol

Plymouth used to be a beautiful place and a good city to live in, used to be full of culture and art but if I'm honest the council has destroyed everything that made it Plymouth, its more like a concrete slab of cr*p now

thank you drewpy, much appreciated and nice to meet you :) 

Yeah, this forum isn't a Q&A site. Believe it or not we are a very friendly "family" sort of site. We do like to help anybody and there is a lot of knowledgeable members on here. The Workshop section is fantastic if you have got mechanical problems.

Also we are, as I said a very close knit family to even just to chat to from all over the globe.

I doubt that I would recognize Plymouth then as I was last there in the late sixties. I remember Union Street (the pussycat club) and the Barbican and also Guz but that's about all.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online