Residue from exhaust..?

This post is 3074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all... I am looking for some advise... I have a 07 DT 125 Rx... It's my second DT, I had one as a teenager... She's been mine since 2011, I have recently noticed that there is a lot of oily residue all over the tail end of my bike... It's been suggested "wrong oil" also suggested "wrong fuel"... 

As a rider not a mechanic or restorer I am at a loss... Please advise if you are more informed than I...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The oil residue will collect on the bike. If you spend a lot of time in traffic, or short trips your exhaust will never get hot enough to burn off the sludge that collects in there.

It may just need a good italian tune. ie wang it along a decent stretch of road that will let you keep the revs nice and high NOT THRASHING just high in the power. For 5 to 10 miles. You will probbably end up looking like a red arrow for a while as the pipe gets fully hot and burns off the rubbish.

Wrong oil or fuel is a strange statement that i would ignore. Oil is subject to minimum standards so aslong as its 2stroke oil your near enough and wrong fuel. Huh. You really should use premium unleaded where you can as this has no/less ethanol and your bike will run better. Mine certainly makes up for the exta cost in more miles per tank.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online