DT175 '93 Voltage?

NiCad
This post is 2939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys. New here and new to bikes in general. I currently have a '93 DT175 that needs a little love. 

I need to replace the battery but am not sure if it's a 6v or 12v system. 

The battery has all its markings worn off but measures a little under 6V. With the battery removed I get about 7v on the terminals while idling. Because if this I initially assumed it was a 6v system. However,

All the bulbs installed are 12v. Only one indicator works and the flasher relay is struggling. The service manual says to use 12v bulbs and a GM3-3B 12v battery. 

Also if I check a different part manual the battery has part number 1E6-82110-12 which Google says is a 6N6-3B-1 6v Yuasa. Googling 'DT175 battery' tends to point me towards 6v batteries. 

Very confused. Can anyone offer some advise? One of the manuals has to be wrong. 

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks. It has 6 filler caps. Which fits with the bulbs and the flasher. So bad regulator maybe? Only getting 7v from it. Ill take it out tomorrow and look for a part number.

The part list I have definitely lists 6v parts. Different markets perhaps? Mine is Australian.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online