Noise on Acceleration

bazzerXV950
This post is 3096 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi people, please follow the link and listen to the noise in the clip. I high pitched squeal on acceleration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kob0ZYUlSGs&feature=em-upload_owner It's been suggested that it's the swing arm bearing?? The bike has less than 5k on the clock and under warranty. The dealership that I took it to couldn't hear the noise....very aggravating. Please, please, please, have a listen, ideally with headphones. It cant be heard over the wind noise, but is obvious going slow and accelerating. Yamaha service have been less than useless and I'd really like to escalate this as the bikes only eight months old. The longer this goes, potentially the more damage is being done. Any help gratefully received, including any contact details for the higher-ups at Yamaha U.K. but not the Service Coordinator who reckons the noise I'm describing is a characteristic of the bike!! Wouldn't mind hearing from a dealer in the Herts, Bucks, Middx. areas who might be willing to have a look.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Brake pads/disk - wheel bearing - even wind through the bike, know your looking for a definitive answer but your not going to get it I'm afraid that noise is to faint with the other noises to make out more than a squeak/squeal at speed, that's with head phones, if you have a remote mike for your camera then try it on different parts of the bike as you go along but it's definitely there just not loud enough to locate the source, you will be incredibly lucky to finds anyone who knows exactly what it is unless they own one and it has the same noise.

if you check your other post with thbe other user, you can see I give you the answser, now i`m 90% sure is the belt. to find out if is this, put a bit of grease on the left side of the belt. if the noise is gone, ytou can be 100% sure. what to do: adjust your rear wheel alignment then properly tighten  the wheel nuts.

• Like 2

Nice one Lassy, that sure seems like the sort of noise you would get with the belt rubbing, good catch.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online