Dt175mx biggest front sprocket

Simon46
This post is 2946 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As im peed off going thru all the gears in 5 secs what will fit?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What have you got at the moment, 16/45 is normal and should give around 60 ish as a top whack. Pulling more will hurt acceleration.

Not sure there is room for a 17.

Like we've said before, little engines can only breath so hard. 16 is fairly normal but you might not be able to get a 17 to fit, perhaps look at dropping a tooth or two on the back? But like has been said, with such little power you can't expect the earth, you can go up a front tooth or down a back tooth but if you don't have the spare HP to propel you at that speed then that's that. But from a 175cc 2 smoke I would have expected more then 60mph.

http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/sprocket-yamaha-dt175-1974-1975-1976-1977-rear-standard-p-157812.html?gclid=CNLpwIzb7MsCFYIW0wodOJ4M7g

That's a 37 rear for a DT175, you can give it a go but taking out some gear will probably do little more than hurt acceleration. Only so much can be done with a little engine. 

Yambits DID 15/49 combo. Not looking for top speed just staying longer in the gears. Wemoto show a plus 2 sprocket might just try a 16 first. 

Hi,

I went one tooth up from standard on my 1g1 dt 175 front sprocket, however I had fitted a TY trials gear shift out put cover using the supplied allen socket head screws, the screw sockets are taller than the original cross head and one of them would rub on the chain, I had to reuse one of the originals,

I am at work and I cannot remember the amount of teeth, but can check later today if you want.

• Like 1

The rimstops turn it into a counterweight! 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online