XT/SR500 no spark...

Mrleo
This post is 3101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got an XT with an sr500 engine, pretty stripped down as in no indicators and running a capacitor instead of battery.

goes great. But wiring was a bit of a mess and I broke the regulator.

Got a second hand regulator from eBay and rather then just wack it on decided to do a really nice job cleaning up all the wires etc.

also the old regulator was not standard so none of the colours matched the diagrams.

i redid the wiring following the diagram but now it won't spark.

i did take off the ignition/key as always just left it on. 

I'm wondering if I've left out a connection or something - can't work it out, all looks ok.

if my 'new' regulator was broken would it prevent sparking?

when I kick the bike over I see the lights glow so there's the initial sign of life. But no spark.

i tried loo,I got for obvious stuff but all looks ok, what are the logical steps I need to take to trace the fault.

inalso have no kill switch, so at the moment the black and white wire goes nowhere. 

Help appreciated, 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds to me like you need to connect the killswitch wire. May I also suggest you write yourself an introduction in the new members area, you'll find that people are much more forthcoming after that!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online