Intermittent ignition short CT2 yamaha 175 enduro

Barry martin
This post is 3093 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is my first post, please be patient with a 61 year old rookie, bought this bike about a year ago ran like scalded cat for about 2 miles then died. After my feeble attempt at trouble shooting, took to repair shop $700.00 later got bike back home, ran like scalded cat for about 4 miles And died again. Will not start, very week and intermittent spark about 20% of the time. Any advice?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Barry (Baz in the UK)

First of all the best advice i can give you is to introduce yourself in the new members section. You will get a lot of help if you do because we are annoyed at the "one hit wonders" that come on here and ask for advice and never to be heard of again. We will help anyone but you must appreciate this is a friendly forum and not a Q&A site.

All I can suggest is if you paid 700 bucks and the problem is not fixed then then take it back and get them to sort it out.

You might not get a lot of response at the moment because It's nearly 23:00 (11pm) here and most of us are either in bed or thinking of going to bed.

Btw, don't worry about being 61 I'm clickity click.

As above Barry, you paid to have it fixed so take it back. Not your fault they didn't find the fault, does sound like an ignition or wiring fault tho. I'm 63 BTW.

Yeh , condencer ,   sumthing simple, or the coil breaking up once hot, .  basic illumination  process,  ie cheapest component first, . pug/ cap/ coil/ points -condencer,

Depending on where you live/ picked up the bike/ years it sat, I would agree with simplest things first. Loose or chewed wiring, back crimps or wire ends pulled loose. A liitle more background on your scoot would help...

How's it flyday? Long time no see... or is that because I've been away? :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Sacha said:

How's it flyday? Long time no see... or is that because I've been away? :ph34r:

Nope, I've been away, too. Moved to New Mexico in September and having a hard time getting settled. Plus two years ago I traded 3 boxes of Honda CL stuff for a Yamaha Venture and that's eaten up tons of time and money. But now with spring coming I'm trying to get everything road-ready.

The AT1 and the GT80 are in original shape, so I'm thinking I'm gonna have to replace crankcase seals before I mess with the jetting. So gotta see about getting evrything together to get that in work. PLUS the DT still has a vibe in the tranny I've got to deal with. Should be fun!

Sounds like you've got some work to do! :P Glad to see you back! 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online