Newbie from Perth, Scotland

Uxdev
This post is 2978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks

Scott here from Perth Scotland, I'm 31, Website designer/developer working in Edinburgh. Got myself a P reg XJ600N that I'm doing a full nut n bolt resto on and plan to use it as my daily commuter. Looking forward to getting it on the road. 

Will post pics of the build progress when I can but will take plenty of pictures and no doubt will need a hand with most of it. 

I was a car mechanic for a few years before moving into IT but tinkered with a few bikes in the past but only ever 4t 125s so this will be an interesting challenge :P

Hope to talk to y'all soon!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Scott xj is a cracking bike and pretty easy to build.

make sure to get a manual first a read it cover to cover.

Hi scott. am 35 mls north of you. :welcome:.  the worst  job IMO. on a 4 cylinder ,is carb /cables removal and refit , I hated that job, 

Hi Scott, nice little bike the XJ, makes a good commuter it's light and I'm told very flickable through traffic. Welcome to the YOC.

:wavey: welcome!

• 1 month later...

Thanks folks, sorry for dropping off the grid after announcing myself, been having an issue with wiring, that thankfully is sorted now.  When i took off the rear right panel, it pulled the wiring out of the relay assembly. It didnt have a connector on it, prev owner had just wired the cables directly to the relay pins. Couldnt figure out where the wires went into the relay, but found a diagram in the Haynes manual. Got a donor connector and re-soldered the wiring, heat shrinked, and wrapped cables up. Works a treat. Also spent a wee bit of time wiring up the replica Koso digital dash, and so far have most of the idiot lights working, apart from nuetral switch (as prev owner had a blanking plate made up so it doesnt actually exist) and not wired up the tacho yet, need to get tank n stuff back on so i can try starting it. Once i get it started ill then look at the tacho wiring.

Seem to have found myself a new friend called "Hammerite Smooth". Found a tin in the shed, so the frame, swingarm, lever perches have now been painted black, and look amazing, painted the wheels alloy silver (look great too). 

Just finishing up repainting the panels, before tackling the tank, then get the whole thing rebuilt and ready for its MOT which expired yesterday

Speak to ya'll soon - will get some pictures put up soon!

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online