FZR400 petrol starvation

pete k
This post is 6606 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a FZR400 1WG,which is running fine till I reach top gear, then after a few minites in top gear it starts pulling back as if it is running out of fuel - but it is not. I have put a new rectifier on but sometimes the idling still sticks at 2500 revs and then will slowly reduce back to tick over. I have also replaced the main jet "O" rings - but still have this problem in 6th gear - can any one please help.

The bike is on a D plate but the engine is not original - it is newer.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You need to really thoroughly check the rubber conectors from the carb to the engine, you may have a very faint air leak.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a FZR400 1WG,which is running fine till I reach top gear, then after a few minites in top gear it starts pulling back as if it is running out of fuel - but it is not. I have put a new rectifier on but sometimes the idling still sticks at 2500 revs and then will slowly reduce back to tick over. I have also replaced the main jet "O" rings - but still have this problem in 6th gear - can any one please help.

The bike is on a D plate but the engine is not original - it is newer.

hi the fact that its sticking at 2500rpm then settling down is a sure indication of it running lean,check the float heights,mixtures screws,main jet size,air leaks around intake rubbers,is the bike standard????.also check the fuel tank breather

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online