Need bike fixed--HELP

Gypsy Rider
This post is 3111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Well the first thing to ask is "Do you have the manual for it"? Oil in the water is usually a blown gasket so I would start there, but almost certain that the manual will tell you what and where to look.

Thinking about this if it's been sat for 3 years and not used most of the gaskets and bearings are going to be dry or crusty, your best bet is to start at the front and work your way back, do ALL the bearings check all the pipe work replace the brake and clutch fluid any water pipes need to be checked for perishing check tyre side walls for cracking, as it's sat on the same spot for ages, plus a FULL service should see you all right.

If there's water in the oil it's probably a dead gasket (if it's water cooled that is, and as far as I know these are), but on the other hand it might be water getting in through the air intakes. If a bike sits for that long then seals dry out, bearings rust, gaskets can become damaged. Take your manual and work from the front to the back, a bike that's sat for 3 years will need to be gone over before you can ride it anyway, if a bike sit's for years it's usually for a reason.. I'm gonna guess it's a gasket and your coolant is leaking into your engine, but it could come from many places. If you're unsure, take it to a mechanic, there's nothing worse than not knowing what you're doing and making things worse or breaking it, I've done that multiple times before. 

• Like 3

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online