Not what i had planned on!

Cynic
This post is 3036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As I'm sure were all in the process of waking our bikes up from their winter snooze, excepting the hero's that ride all year. (been there fk that).

Cleaned the bike, new chain, new oil run her up to operating temp, all good. Then decided on a run out to fill her up with some good fuel. Had an ok trip, did around 8 or 10 miles and the bike felt good. So, open her up for a bit of a blast on some local roundabouts where she goes unhappy. :angry:

Carb had flooded shutting down one cyl 10 miles from home.:unsure: I'm considering calling the man with a van when inspiration strikes, 99% of the way home is country road, soooooo, while the engine was still hot I pushed it back to outside the 30 stretch (covered by a camera), then rode home with it wound on hard.

Was a blast to be honest, bit nervous of fuel on the rear tyre but otherwise keeping the throttle open to use the fuel up fast enough took some concentration but it was certainly a fast trip home.

She is out on the drive at the minute cooling down and letting the vapours blow off.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've gotta say, sometimes it's fun to do something so wrong like that when in a pinch. I once got home after my exhaust fell of (like totally fell off, on the floor 50 ft behind me) by hanging it from the bike with steel wire so it looked like it was still attached. 

I admire the ingenuity shown here. You didn't damage anything holding it open for so long did you? 

my cyl went down on the 400 twin, still rode it home on a single cyclinder with lots of drag from the redundant one.

Cleaned the tracker today and she came up a treat. weather tomorrow seems ok so a little trip up to Rivvy might be in order.

the FZ should be back on the road for next weekend too. just renewed my insurance £87 for two bikes fully comp :)

1 hour ago, Variomatic said:

I've gotta say, sometimes it's fun to do something so wrong like that when in a pinch. I once got home after my exhaust fell of (like totally fell off, on the floor 50 ft behind me) by hanging it from the bike with steel wire so it looked like it was still attached. 

I admire the ingenuity shown here. You didn't damage anything holding it open for so long did you? 

Nah, engine is only 1000miles in from a rebuild so she loved it, there are easier ways of keeping the fuel level down in the carb though. Anything with the pv shut was a no no so I just let her sing. Sounded epic. Just wish I had some JL's for the full effect.

Just now, Cynic said:

Nah, engine is only 1000miles in from a rebuild so she loved it, there are easier ways of keeping the fuel level down in the carb though. Anything with the pv shut was a no no so I just let her sing. Sounded epic. Just wish I had some JL's for the full effect.

Ohh that's fine then, I would've been quite concerned if it was an old rebuild thought :lol: It'd be shit to seize it on the first ride of the year 

Dumb question, but this is the DT right? Not the TDR?

Nope, TDR250. Lets just say I was 500rpm from the redline in top on the back lane......:icon_evil:

• Like 1