Mick Lamb

Mick Lamb
This post is 3146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks. New member. Just been given a 1978 xs400E which I am going to attempt to restore. Quite a project as it has been standing outside, unused for about 15-20 years. I'll have lots of questions and hope I won't annoy everybody.. Strange thing is it doesn't seem to match the published spec even though the previous owner bought it from new in America. The spec says front disk brake, this is drum. Spec says electric start this isn't. Never had a proper middle stand just a side stand. Pictures show two exausts but this one goes into one. Tried finding out about it through the VIN but mine is a very short VIN not the 17 now used. Can anyone shed any light on these 'oddities'. Apparently the first VIN character being a 2 means it was made in Canada.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: sounds like an XS400-2E

start a new thread under projects or classics please. Mulitple threads will be deleted

• Like 1

Welcome Mick, look forward to seeing this in projects, sounds a long time left outside though, maybe more trouble than its worth they don't command the prices of the RDs 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online