Boyesen reeds dt125, use reed stop or not?

YAMAHA21
This post is 3156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just fitted the bigger jet and changed the reeds on the dt but do I keep the standard reed stop to prevent the reeds from snapping or do I not use it at all? My reeds didn't come with the little rectangular piece of metal that goes under the screws.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got it all back together now and I used the oem stops. I'll go for a ride tomorrow and see how it is.

God it's such a pain getting the carb back on the bike lol

I also removed the snorkel and started it, I personally don't mind the intake sound so I'll probably keep it off.

So I went for a ride today and tbh, I couldn't really notice a difference after the mods I did, (boyesen reeds, 240 jet, intake manifold, removed snorkel). I noticed that 6th gear has lost a bit of power, doesn't seem to have any pull at all now. I'll do a proper plug chop tomorrow and see how things are. I'm also really thinking about taking the reed cage back out, removing the oem stops and making a rev-plate so they can open more.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online