Please can anyone help??

Yzrider
This post is 3167 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently brought a Yamaha Xt125x 09 plate and its been fine for a week but the other day I rode about 20miles, stopped off at the shop in my village and then rode down towards my house about 20secs down the road with the choke on because I like to start it with the choke on and forgot to take it off again but anyway I got 20secs down the road and it just bogged out and died. After a trying to start a few times it went using the kick start so I thought it was fine except when I pressed the electric start it made a buzzing noise from under the seat (i have very few mechanical skills so not sure what it is hence this post) I rode it home and then about an hour later I went out to make sure it's okay still and it started fine with button start so I thought it would be ok. Got up in the morning (wet) and went to start it but nothing at all spend a while trying to work it out but and I found that the battery connection (earthing/negative) had snapped so I left it then the next day (dry) I went and looked it over and bodged the connection and it was fine kick start only (button start making buzzing noise again and sometimes nothing) and then the next day (dry) it went fine kick start only but today (wet) there was nothing from neither kick start or button start even if battery is connected so I'm thinking it's to do with it getting wet but not really sure what it is to be honest. My questions are Does anyone know what it could be? Does anyone know if it is to do with it getting wet if so what could it be? Basically What could it be? Haha Thank you in advance :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First work is the battery. Make sure its charged up properly, holding its its charge, and not being overcharged when the bike is running. It needs to be topped up to correct level, and in good condition. Also check all connections etc to mnake sure they are dry and in good order

You also shouldnt need choke to start a warm engine

If it has problems starting in the wet I'd guess that there's a leak somewhere, perhaps causing an electrical short, or a poor connection. Like Nerversaydie said, go check all the connections and make sure water isn't getting into places it shouldn't be

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online