Just to say hi

Carl297
This post is 3083 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm new here and a sort of new biker.  I'm old enough to have ridden 250's back in the 80s when L plates were all that was required.  I had a Yam 250 custom from new back then :-)  I even took part in some of the helmet law protest rallies when living down in Weston Super Mud in 1980.  It's probably a common story, but a wife, kids and a mortgage meant 4 wheels became the necessity.  I tried to choose the screen name MidLifeCrisis on sign up as my wife reckons wanting a bike again is a sure sign, but it was already taken so I'm glad I'm not the only one!!  The term 'sad old git' apparently applies too! 

Anyway - have just obtained a XV1600 Wildstar and looking forward to the season and some rides with my son who has an XV650.  Look forward to chatting with and moral support from fellow sad old gits if you're out there!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Malleus

Superb way to have a family picnic lol.  Do you reckon they have to push and leap on to get that monster rolling hehe!

Hi carl " I was in Weston in 1981/82, the first beach race, won by my Willie Simpson,  [ I was in the pit crew] team Husqvarna . we hired a twin pedal rickshaw kinda thing, it was 1 gear, so we thot we"d  ride up a multi car park ramp,  well fk me it was too high geared, and we rolled back,[ it had a fixed wheel setup.]  grabbed the brake [ it was on the rear wheel only,] and flipped it upside down. wrecked the conopy. So we tied it up best we could ,and dumped it at the hire shop ,and bolted,  :ph34r:.,,

Wild days,,,:angel3:

Greetings

When I got back into bikes my wife said it was my mid life crisis but my youngest, with his usual respect for me said no dad its your old age crisis.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes and moral support all :-).  Its good to know I'm in good company! 

Blackhat250 - you're not by chance, given the dates you were down in sunny Weston, another graduate of that sadly defunct establishment known as RAF Locking are you?  Regardless, I'm sure you'll remember names like Mr B's, Crackers, the Cabot bar?  Indeed wild days and happy times!

I have fond memories of summer nights down on Brean Sands with a gallon of scrumpy from Thatchers (a small local farm shop in those days) which could be bought in a plastic container for £1.80...  Those were the days!

• Like 2

Na carl,  we were traveling the mOTO-X  scene,  after Weston it was a meet at Scotch corner, on way home, we lived in the Van, CF Bedford,  kitted out with bunks, we were living the  On any  sunday ",   for real,  home on sunday/Monday,  for the day job too, .

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online