YAMAHA DT 50 Help Needed

ACByrne
This post is 3166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

I recently purchased a second hand Yamaha DT 50 R. I was told the year was 2009 but later found out it was much older. I'm still not sure what year the bike is as there seems to not be much info online. I would like to get an owners manual so I can start working on the bike but I don't even have that. Could someone help me identify the bike? Where would I be able to get spare parts? any useful sites where I could find info? Any information would be greatly appreciated as at the moment, I am completely lost. Thank You!

wasanabiDT.thumb.png.f04d8ba5acf830d6939

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi A/C , If you post the frame number,[ look on headstock].  we can date it,  Wemoto  are good for parts, .:welcome:

50 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Hi A/C , If you post the frame number,[ look on headstock].  we can date it,  Wemoto  are good for parts, .:welcome:

Hi! thanks for your reply, the VIN number? I tried that but didn´t seem to find a year on it.. :(

Here is the number: *VG55BK00000302576*

Can´t seem to find much information about it at all!

2 minutes ago, Malleus said:

Looks like 02-03

That´s what I thought... By what I´ve seen there is a difference from the 2002 model to the 2003 one, is that true?  Any idea where I could get an Owners Manual for it? or what parts can I buy for it that will fit? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Airhead said:

Its a great looker :)

Thanks man! ^_^ I'm generally pleased with it but want to get some of the original stickers so that you can see its a DT.. I wanted to repaint it as well but need to get some new plastics... Its all very hard to find!

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, ACByrne said:

That´s what I thought... By what I´ve seen there is a difference from the 2002 model to the 2003 one, is that true?  Any idea where I could get an Owners Manual for it? or what parts can I buy for it that will fit? Thanks!

Look the same to me but I could not be 100% certain! You can search for certain parts using the prefix of the VIN number to be sure

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online