A quick "Hi"

Derekm
This post is 3082 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys. Up in windy Scarborough, waiting for the fine weather!

Presently running a Bonneville 850 when It's warm & dry enough! Always had a hankering for a cruiser, so may be looking for an XVS Classic to try before I finally get too old!! Are there any XVS riders within 30 or 40 miles of Scarborough?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi  Derek ":wavey:  we were on Scarborough  beach last year,,,[Squires 2t  meet, ]..

• Like 1

Its Johns get up that makes me laugh...

• Like 1

As I mentioned in my first post, I may soon be looking for a Dragstar. Could anyone say if the XVS 650 and XVS 1100 are the same physical dimensions or not please? I know the 1100 is heavier, but suffering from altitude deficiency (!) the actual dimensions are of some importance!

Its a custom, it will be low, ironically after about 6 seconds on google there 695/710mm for the 650 custom/classic and 690 for the 1100.

Cheers for that, but it wasn't so much seat height, as I knew they were low. More important to little me is the stretch between seat & footboards and seat & 'bars. I was wondering if they both used the same main cycle parts.

nope, 1100 engine is quite a bit taller.

OK, understood, but seat to 'boards &  seat to bars? I've sat on and tried a 650 for size. It's big but manageable for me, but I am wary about the 1100 and there don't seem to be any around here. My first fancy was a Guzzi California, until I tried one for size - humungous!!

Forgive me for the question, if a Drag is 'big' how do you ride the Bonny?

The Bonny isn't a big bike. Saddle is higher than a Drag, but I get balls of both feet on the deck OK and the relationship seat/bars/rests is compact & comfortable.

The 650 Katana before it was a tippy toes job and quite a  stretch to the bars though, with the long tank and rearset rests. It was fine when I was 38, but by 68 it was a bit much!!

So it really isn't the seat height, its a concern but more from getting your leg over, (there I said it) its reaching for the bars that's the killer and tbh I haven't a clue although I would think there are more than a few options for change.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online