Ride safe in 2016

Malleus
This post is 3020 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A couple of stories/videos:
Road Rage brake check
Hit and run

Sure many of you are used to this kind of behaviour on the road, but thought I would share for any newer riders like myself. It is pretty shocking how infuriated some people get with bikes. I have noticed on more than one occasion people becoming angry when I have filtered or taking it as some kind of act of 'aggression' on my part or an invitation to start a street race. (Once I realised the guy was trying to race me I pulled over and let him pass and continued on my way, only to overtake him again once he hit traffic.)

Stay safe in 2016 and as well as all the normal hazards; watch out for crazy people!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep, fact of riding these days, diet of Grand theft auto I think.

You will get a feel for the idiots and after a while get pretty good at spotting them, and ultimately making them look like what they are.

Otherwise this simple rule from my dad has kept me shiny side up.

"Expect the worst coming the other way at all times unless you can see otherwise, at every junction, every bend , dip and crest."

Could be considered pessimistic but that very thought saved me from slamming into the back of a tractor. As a result I swear by it.

• Like 2

Also easy to spot BMW & Audi drivers seem to account for around 90% of the people trying to kill you. 

Can't explain why, its just the way it is. 

• Like 3

Yeh Malleus, it war out there, well for you lot darn sarf ,  roads  are quieter up here,  but we get the same dickheads in Audi"s:yes:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2016 at 0:33 AM, Tommy xs said:

Also easy to spot BMW & Audi drivers seem to account for around 90% of the people trying to kill you. 

Can't explain why, its just the way it is. 

Hell, those fuckers even try to kill me when I'm driving my car

• Like 2

They don't give a f about my truck either,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online