Transmission / Clutch

Junior88
This post is 3177 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• Hello. I recently purchased an 03 R6 . Today I took it for a ride , and when I reached the red light , I put the bike in neutral . When the light turned green I downshifted to first , gave it gas and it wouldn't move . I tried 2nd and 3rd and it just revs high. It's like its stuck in neutral or the clutch is still being engaged.  I'm hearing many different things . Someone please help 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With most problems like this there are a few things to check, but if after checking the obvious stuff it still has this problem then you have to take it apart, sounds to me like a bearing or gear has stripped but you will never know till you dismantle it. The obvious things are clutch cable or line, clutch master cylinder (if it has one) gear shifter loose or broken (outside) same thing (inside) not much else I can think of but you might have to have the clutch out as well. Just to make sure we're on the same page here, you say you "just bought it" what did the advert say and the bloke who you bought it from didn't mention anything about a problem with the gears? Some folks are right bastards about moving on their broken kit, hope you haven't bought someone else's basket case !! If all else fails then take it to a dealer service centre and get them to look at it. Good luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online