con artists

jeffccr
This post is 3180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I'm new to the site, inspired by frustration.

I sold my BMW k1200lt to help move house some while back. As the money side of things got better i thought i'd get back to my younger self and buy a doer upper in the guise of a 1979 DT250mx. After about a year now (this is the frustration part) i still don't have the parts i need to finish the bike. stupidly i hadn't done any research on the availability of bits but i had hoped ebay and a few breakers could get me there, not yet.

The main thing that irritates me is that i have seen the same model bike for sale in a worse state of missing parts than mine, offered for sale as an easy winter project. oh well enough moaning.

i would desperately like to finish this project in the next twelve months. so if anyone knows of a source of plastics or a breaker who may be able to help i would like to speak to them and put this baby back on the road where she belongs. 

regards

jeffccr

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jeff"  is it the mudguards or side panels ? , there are repro items available , :welcome:

there's trails and trials near me who supply NOS spares

http://www.tytrials.co.uk/

half the fun is tracking down parts, build up a knowledge base. Also try Thailand as they have stocks too

The guy who runs the repro stuff has a stand at Stafford classic bike show ( a must if you've never been and a good autojumble too)

www.lpmreplicaparts.com

• Like 1

Hi again

and a big thank you to Drewpy and Blackhat, the parts i would really like are the two side panels and mudguards. i have genuine side panels and rear mudguard but they are in quite poor condition. i've sent mine to the sprayers to see what can be achieved but they will be quite vulnerable to scratching, even if they can carry out the work. i have an aftermarket front UFO mudguard but the right one for the year should be louvred. the only other part to finish the cosmetics is a speedometer "glass" as mine has a nasty crack.

but as you can imagine i will have a look at the avenues you suggest and keep my eye on the usual places

many thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online