fletcherman

fletcherman
This post is 3188 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi im stuart . Been riding bikes for 30 years , i was a despatch rider in London , survived . In recent years i have only ridden for pleasure . I have just bought a 1985 Yamaha Serow 225 to bare metal restore . As i participate in country sports i thouht this bike would be perfect to get around the meadows with out doing to much damage to the turf ,as im now partialy disabled . 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi fletch, welcome to the forum.

In what way are you partially disabled?

14 hours ago, mike1949 said:

Hi fletch, welcome to the forum.

In what way are you partially disabled?

Lower spine . i have to sit to do most jobs like welding . not to bad if im moving around .but standing for long is a no no . 

13 hours ago, blackhat250 said:

Hi fletch",  great wee bikes them serrow"s.  :welcome:

Hope so ,i havnt struck it up yet ,been standing for 10 years ,good compresion though .

12 hours ago, Airhead said:

Greetings fletcherman, yeah the serrow is the perfect bike, enough power and very lightweight, they're very sought after

Hope so ,it hasnt been fired up for 10 years ,im doing all the prep work to do so though , like engine flush and fill with new oil , i shall fire her up to sort out any probs then strip it down to chassis and rebuild .

11 hours ago, Malleus said:

Hello and welcome to YOC Fletch

Thank you .

Hi, Welcome to the YOC. Never to sick to ride a bike.:D

I have 6 damaged vertebrae in my back and use a walking stick, for which I get some odd looks when I get off the bike, I also have a blue badge for parking cos I can't walk very far, but nothing will ever keep me off my bike, I joined the N.A.B.D (National association of bikers with disabilities) they can help if you have a problem using your bike, all sorts of devices available for anyone who refuses to give up biking, some of the guys are ex forces and have adaptions for hand and feet, levers and such, if you find your struggling, join and see what they can do for you. They are a charity so I try to give a donation every year. Good luck with you bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online