DT125 Main jet, reeds, dt230 snorkel?

YAMAHA21
This post is 3163 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

At the moment my bike has a full dep system and has been derestricted (speedo method). I'm going to buy some boyesen dual stage reeds and replace the standard air box snorkel to the one that came with the dt230, as it is slightly larger. My question is, for the upgrades I have just listed, what size jet do you think would be appropriate to upjet to? I have seen posts of people running similar upgrades running a 230 main jet and some running a 250 main jet. My powervalve is not pinned open. Also, is there any other mods that are worth doing while I do these things, I have seen some things about people modifying the rubber bit on the intake manifold. Cheers

So the upgrades are:

Full DEP system

Derestricted (speedo)

Boyesen dual stage reeds

dt230 airbox snorkel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its suck it and see  with 2T"s.  your ports havna been opened , this gives the biggest performance boost, , short run ,and plug chop .

will tell the story ,    RACE 2 strokes try to get as lean as possible.  but thers risks  in this,  . 

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the jets and the reeds are one their way but I'm thinking about skipping the dt230 snorkel and just remove the stock one instead. I've heard some bad things about doing this though so I'm not sure atm. I'll start a new thread and see what people think.