Mobile phone mount?

slice
This post is 3125 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks I wonder if you have any ideas about this, I want to mount my phone/GPS to the bike but it has no obvious mounting points on it, the bars on the FJR are not round as such so a "normal" clamp won't fit, been racking my brain to come up with an idea on how to mount the thing to the bike but can't think of a way round it, what do you all use? I want it to be waterproof obviously and not rattle around in one of those cheap grip things, a suction cup won't work either (don't trust them to stay on) I could just bung it in the clear part of the tank bag but then I won't be able to adjust it so any obvious or even obscure ideas would be welcome. Oh and there are no "spare" holes in the head stock to use either just to make it that much more difficult. Thanks all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have a look at RAM mounts on amazon. They have plenty of different types, even replacement clamps for your levers that you can attach a case too. I use a handlebar clamp, with extension joint and x-grip holder for my phone. The handlebar clamp is fully adjustable so I'm sure it would fit your bars. 

The whole setup isn't cheap but it works really well.

• Like 1

I have one of the early tom tom 1's. I dismantled the window mount down to its parts then used what I needed to fab a bar clamp. Not that high tech I'm afraid but works, cost peanuts (they go for 15 or 20 quid tops on e#ay.) and behind the screen is weatherproof enough to stand rain (with some strategic silicone inside the case) and I can whip it off if I'm in town. The later tom toms have much weaker mounts with wimpy little springs.

• Like 1

Ok thanks lad's, that sounds like something I could try. I like the idea of making my own. Finnerz idea of a ball mount might work to, I will have a mooch through evil bay and see what comes up, otherwise it's in the garage and out with the big hammers to see what I can knock up!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online