XVS 125 swing arm pin removal

BadKnob
This post is 3056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening. 

Having an issue with my Xvs 125. When I shift gear, twist throttle back or let off throttle my whole swing arm shifts to one side and when cruising and low speed you can kind of feel a slight wobble. Got it in the shed and raised off the floor and there is excessive play in the swing arm. So I have ordered new pin, bushes, seals and covers. Wanted to be prepared for when they come but I have run into a bit off an problem. I can not for the life of me get the pin that holds the swing arm to the chassis to budge even the slightest bit! 

Is the pin threaded in or is it just 14yrs of rust and crud that's seized it in?

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its a long biolt that goes through. Remove covers, then the nut and washer on the left hand side. I dont think the bolt is screwed into anything other than the nut. Get some PLUSGAS release oil, put the bike on its side stand, and soak the bolt at then head end for a few days, the angle of lean will help the oil filter through the assembly. There are a number of pins/bushes/seals on the assmebly. Might also help to get the weight off the arm when you next try to get the bolt out. After youve soaked it, get a good socket on the head of the bolt and try working it both ways. Itd be nice to have an ali drift to tap the scrwed end with, but dont mushroom the end of the bolt. Be patient, plenty of PLUSGAS, and itll come.