trying to change my rear subframe

cfebles924
This post is 6540 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I trying to change my rear subframe to a newer one, can anyone help me. oh I have a 1988 fz600 yamaha.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi!

Post some pictures of your bike and write what you want to do, then maybe someone can come up with a solution.

Regards

Tooby

Hi!

Post some pictures of your bike and write what you want to do, then maybe someone can come up with a solution.

Regards

Tooby

okay, I'll try that

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The conversion is easy. You can use use your original subframe. I just did my 94' FZR and incorporated 2000-2002 R6 parts. All you need is an R6 tail fairing, R6 Undertail fairing, R6 tail light, R6 Driver and passenger seat, and R6 Gas tank. It all bolts up to the old Delta Box frame. I bought all the parts off Ebay and it ran me about $300 for everything. Of course you're going to have to paint it all to match your bike. It makes the FZR look 100 times better with the sleeker tail. Good luck!

Hi,

The conversion is easy. You can use use your original subframe. I just did my 94' FZR and incorporated 2000-2002 R6 parts. All you need is an R6 tail fairing, R6 Undertail fairing, R6 tail light, R6 Driver and passenger seat, and R6 Gas tank. It all bolts up to the old Delta Box frame. I bought all the parts off Ebay and it ran me about $300 for everything. Of course you're going to have to paint it all to match your bike. It makes the FZR look 100 times better with the sleeker tail. Good luck!

Justin,

Can you post pictures of that? I have a 1994 FZR600R and want to do that exact thing.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just started looking into doing this too. How much work was it and can i see pictures of yours. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online