DT125 Oil Question?

YAMAHA21
This post is 3224 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wanted to ask what oil you think would be best for a dt125; Semi Synthetic or Fully Synthetic. The actual ones I'm looking at are 'Ipone R2000RS Strawberry' and 'Castrol Power 1 racing'. Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate I can't help with what oil to use in your bike, there are some lad's on here that have the same bike as you why not PM them and ask what they use? But having said that the 2 oils you have mentioned seem to be good enough for your bike why the problem in deciding?

Sorry mate I can't help with what oil to use in your bike, there are some lad's on here that have the same bike as you why not PM them and ask what they use? But having said that the 2 oils you have mentioned seem to be good enough for your bike why the problem in deciding?

I had a little look on here and saw that someone kept recommending semi-synthetic for a dt125 but I was under the impression that fully synthetic is better. So I was curious if there was a reason why you would want semi specifically for a dt. I think I'll just get the castrol one, can't really go wrong. Cheers

Yeah that would be fine I'm sure, the difference between full and semi synthetic is small really except that semi has "real" oil in it and full doesn't but full is usually more expensive as well, the other thing is that semi can be as much as 50% or as little as 10% "real" oil so your never quite sure what your really getting, where as full you know it has what it says on the tin. To be honest as well I prefer to use fully synthetic as it usually (in most) circumstances lasts longer and does a better job.

Yeah that would be fine I'm sure, the difference between full and semi synthetic is small really except that semi has "real" oil in it and full doesn't but full is usually more expensive as well, the other thing is that semi can be as much as 50% or as little as 10% "real" oil so your never quite sure what your really getting, where as full you know it has what it says on the tin. To be honest as well I prefer to use fully synthetic as it usually (in most) circumstances lasts longer and does a better job.

Okay thanks mate, I'll pick some up from halfords tomorrow:)

Shop around, have a look at the more local bike shops ESPECIALLY ones that deal with motocross stuff. I get Morris semi synth 2stroke oil for a fiver a litre.

The Halfords scooter stuff is fine too and cheap, READ the back of the bottle. Compare it directly to the expensive stuff and you will see there is actually cock all difference worth talking about unless your running a high strung racer. Think about how kids ride scoots, how many of em blow up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online