Not sure about Vin Number?

Mike727pm
This post is 3224 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone.

My name is Michael and I own Yamaha dt 50 Sm. I need to register my bike but I need vin number. Everywhere they said that I need 17 digit number on the frame but I've got only 9 digit and its< 5J2000183>? Does anyone one help me? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Are you sure its a 50, 5j2 is the prefix for an 81 to 83, Dt 80 mx

• Like 1

Its a 1982 (ish) bike, that means its too old for 17 digits, it pre dates vin numbers. You cannot and will never get a 17 digit code for that bike unless there is something you have missed.

A photo may help date the bike at least.

Try looking for the engine number or the number that should be stamped on the rhs of the headstock behind the plastics.

Other than that I don't know, your/that bike is a lot newer than I thought it was.

What are you trying to register, it should already be registered and have a log book/ title telling you things like this.

Oh dear, did you get a receipt for the bike when you bought it? Cos if you did that may be the only way to prove your the owner, if you bought it off of the net, say EBAY for instance print out the sales details as well. You might have to go the long way round to get it registered if not. Does it have a registration plate? cos if it does you might be able to get a new document if you say it's been lost but the details on the bike must be exactly the same as those on the V5.

This might be of some help https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration-certificate-v5c-log-book

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online