DT175MX 1980 Restoration

rugbno1
This post is 3092 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

Another DT175..........1980

I've just stripped down the whole bike and now it's time to get started with the restoration I'm looking recommendations for good companies to carry out the following work.

Re-chrome and refurbish wheels,

Forks are pitted, needing reconditioned.

The best way to polish the bottoms of the alloy forks?

Is it better painting or power coating the wheel centres?

What's the best after market silencer?

I was think of putting a bigger tyre on the back (4.00 18?) original chunky tread or a supermoto style

And lastly best place for decals.

Thanks for your help.

DSCF0008.JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, can I make a suggestion? It helps if you say Hello in the new members section BEFORE you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question' We get loads of one hit wonders on here who ask for help then vanish never to be seen again and they rarely if ever say "thank you" when advice is offered, makes folks wary of first time visitors, obvious really, it's not that we're unwelcoming it's more a "why bother if they won't even say hello", so if you would be so kind to pop over to the above section you might get more help. Just sayin.

Apologies to all. I'm very embarrassed, never meant to offend anyone one on the forum, please accept my humble apologies. I'll go and say hello in the new members section.

Edited by rugbno1

Looks good. If youve got a dt you will have lotsa help from this forum! 

No prob mate if you don't know it's up to us to say, welcome aboard.

Now then " :rolleyes: chrome . I"v just done all my DT400 bits, and sent them to Agbrigg ,Leeds ,  1 week turn around . the forks will need Hard chome , [different process  ]  http://www.amphardchrome.co.uk/ , Am  just about to do this, ,

Am not a fan of powder coating, am painting the hubs,  , you cane polish the fork bottoms youself,  1200 grit wet n dry first,, . 

Dep make good pipes,,

Edited by blackhat250

• 4 months later...

Nice work! :thumb: