1978 yz125e

RESolute
This post is 3220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm rebuilding a 1978 yz125 I've have since I was 19 years old..I turned 55 this past Sunday.  I bought it one year old in 1979.  Having trouble figuring out what to do with the worn out top end though.  I found a used barrel that mikes at 57.5 mm, and it will need to be bored.  The problem is that the jug I received in the mail doesn't look like the one on the bike, and I think the one on the bike is a dt125 jug, and the different one I received is the right one!  The one on the bike has 4 holes (to accomodate a socket) down through every fin, if that helps.  I will post pix of each soon.  The biggest problem is not knowing which next oversized piston kit to get, and how much bigger than the piston does the new bore need to be.  Can someone please provide guidance?  Thank you.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi RES can I make a suggestion? It helps if you say Hello in the new members section BEFORE you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question' We get loads of one hit wonders on here who ask for help then vanish never to be seen again and they rarely if ever say "thank you" when advice is offered, makes folks wary of first time visitors, obvious really, it's not that we're unwelcoming it's more a "why bother if they won't even say hello", so if you would be so kind to pop over to the above section you might get more help. Just sayin.

Well theres a hulluva difference between a DT barrel & a YZ ..   the porting is massive on the YZ,  and the reed block inlet,, 

Wiseco do up to 2.00mm  oversize .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online