Engine tweek

Monday hater
This post is 3227 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys n girls. Just joined realy looking for advice on my virago xv125 p reg.

I bought a new air filter and removed the original tear drop box one i have fixed it to the frame in its place. It is fine but pulling away and in gear 2 untill i get going it stutters and will not supply full power. 

Do i need new jets in the carb or is there something i can adjusts to compensate for mor air 

Need hel0 as im not an engine guy

Thanks guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Put it back as it was, ad hoc, itsy bitsy changes to an engine just cause hassle. You have changed the filter, great. Problem is the engine can do nothing with the extra air, so put the old one back on.

Also, use the new members area to say hello, people rarely reply to first post questions. Too many are never heard from again.

Thats why the new members area is here. To break the ice, say hi and what your aims are. 

Makes a massive difference to the number of replies.

As to your plan. Sounds fine. There are a couple of members on here who have taken the baby dray wwwaaayyy past a bit of decluttering.

Start a new thread with the custom stuff asking about cleaning up the looks of your bike. The cruiser lads will be on it like flies on shit.

Engine tweak. That will turn em right off. 

HI Brett, welcome to the YOC.

• Who's Online (See full list)