Hey, need DTR125 help please?!?!

Josh96711
This post is 3151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, new to posting this forum thing, so if I'm posting in a wrong section or whatever let me know :) but I've been reading stuff on here to help with my bike for a while now so thought I'd get involved! 

My 99 dtr recently had a top end done (like 220 miles ago) got it back did about 50 miles, and sent it straight back to the garage, as it was like as if it was running on choke, flooding itself and dying etc -,- anyway got it back and it's been fine since. Done like another 150 miles, and noticed this past week or so it's been overheating like hell, doesn't go into the red, but scarily close. And my little tank at the back has bubbled and sucked all my coolant out, done that twice :( Haven't been ragging it at all, just taking it easy to bed my top in, but this just randomly started, any ideas?? :( cheers anyway, I'm not a mechanic so apologies if It seems stupidly obvious :P heard lots of things, head gasket, thermostat, blockage etc.thanks anyway! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Okay man cheers, will do, wasn't going to just incase but had to get to one of my jobs today so didn't really have a choice, didn't touch it all weekend. Heard about these shitty gaskets so I'll have a look tomorrow to see what if it is! Reckon it'll be alright? I mean runs fine and all at the moment, so I'm just hoping all I'll to do is change it, really don't have the money for another rebuild if it's affected that too! 

Okay mate thanks I'll order a genuine one tomorrow, found some for pretty decent prices already! My mate had this bike for like two years before I did and treated it like proper shit, had to pay out loads, basically dealing with all the fall out from no maintenance over the time he had it, determined to get it back on track though as I wanted one since I was 13 and now I'm 25, so not giving up, thanks for help! :)

Okay man cheers, will do, wasn't going to just incase but had to get to one of my jobs today so didn't really have a choice, didn't touch it all weekend. Heard about these shitty gaskets so I'll have a look tomorrow to see what if it is! Reckon it'll be alright? I mean runs fine and all at the moment, so I'm just hoping all I'll to do is change it, really don't have the money for another rebuild if it's affected that too! 

The only place there is any real pressure is the cyl head, the water doesn't run around the engine like a car. It runs through the pump to the head to the rad. If your gearbox oil looks normal it can only be a bad head gasket.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online