Dt175mx. Which wire runs the lights ? 2k4 (2x2) 1979

Wessie34
This post is 3111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Could it get anymore complicated ? So the fuse blowing looks to be that the ignition switch powers the lights (using the battery ) when in the no3 position ( off, on, on with lights and park) so is this right? All the wiring diagrams I have seem to show one of the mag wires ( yellow)  powers the lights!

now I know you can't post links to stuff but my Haynes shows it different to one I've found on the web and different to my ig switch.Ive belled it through and there is a spare red/yellow wire from the on/off - high/low handlebar switch which I think at one time maybe powered the lights! 

So, I think I might disconnect the out blue/red out feed from the ig switch and use the out feed red/yellow and connect that to the lighting supply, that way the lights are powered from yellow wire from the mag, the White wire from the mag charges the battery.

what bit have I got wrong please ? Dave

Edited by Wessie34

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Kev, that makes total sense. The wiring diagram shows that but somehow mines wrong. What I don't understand is my bike doesn't look butchered, what maybe have happened is the left handlebar switch has lights on/off , low/high beam, indicators and horn, but again the connector block looks original , so rather try and find which type it should be I'm hoping to correct it by using the yellow mag wire ! 

Thanks Blackhat, it is a bit different but it's confirmed that mines wrong somehow.

ive found one with the same layout as my ig switch so I'll bell it through (again) tomorrow night and then "adjust" my wiring to suit ! I'm no DT wiring expert but hours staring and tracing my wiring, then looking at diagrams you sort of get to know where things should go. It's great fun ain't it ! ?  

• Like 1

Sorted ! The red/yellow wire broken inside the left hand switch ! and then looks to be soldered / bodged but the blue wire, anyway, new one ordered as it looks tight to re-solder. Thanks for trying to help, Dave

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online