new member needing help with resto project

vale46x8
This post is 3247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi..ok well recently bought a bike with the aim of complete restoration in mind....found what was advertised as dt125...bike has be used off road  and  has no reg or v5....the guy seemed quite genuine and assured me the bike was legit,gave me a full receipt and after all i know where he lives if it turns pear shaped on me.

So basically before i put any time or effort into it.im trying to find some history...spent hrs on the internet and so many conflicting answers about matching unmatching 9 digit vin and engine numbers...so id be really gratefull with any help in finding out what year and model the bike actually is...i have a frame number 3TT0950** and an engine number 3TT0949** 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Edited by vale46x8

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iS IT AIR- cooled or liquid .?  my bets are 1995 ish with that number,  my list s are older  . ,,:welcome:

Hi blackhat thanks for reply..its air cooled model..has drum brakes and the single rear shock..from what i have seen and read it seems more like 82  83 ...is it correct that all bikes produced after 83 had the 17 digit vins?if so then i assumed it was early 80s....so confusing...want to get stuck into this now

SOUNDS RIGHT ",  POST UP a picky, and start a new thread in projects,,:photo2:  thers a DT forum too , more model specific,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online