Anyone with the 2006 R1?

Got_mitch
This post is 6726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im loving it too.

This is my 1st bike, so came from nothing, did my courses, and tests last august. Trying to get a linked picture of my Blue R1, plan on doing some custom work to it. Takeing the footpegs, and everything thats stainless and make it metallic blue. Hoping to anyways, going to need some good paint to do it though.

Im due for my 1st service in about 100km also.

How you doing for mileage, Usually my low fuel light comes on at about 230 km, what about yours?

Edited by Got_mitch

First bike eh? I have read loads on what would be an appropriate first bike and the overwhelming view is that a litre is too much too handle, but I tend to take the view that it will only go as fast as you make it so what is the problem?

Anyway as for gas mileage, I havent really monitored it that closely yet so no figures but I am expecting about 35 to the gallon which over here in mother England is about 12 to 13 pence per mile now we have gone through the £5 per gallon threshold (just over 10 Canadian dollars)

I just love where the pwer is on this, no low down power on the ZX6R but with this it's all the way through the mid to upper range.

Take it easy

well i must agree, 1000cc is ALOT of bike for a 1st owner, but i guess id say i have a pair of balls...

But ya it is some what unsafe, and unreasonable to be selling this rocket to me, but ive been on wheels all my life, so she works just fine.

well right now, gas for my is costing about $1.14/ litre (1 gal = 3.78 litres so $4.30CAD per gal (( non american gal)) so you must be paying thru the nose for the gas for yourcar or truck. It costs me $100 to fill my truck, and about $16 to fill my bike. My truck is lucky to get 12 mpg, while my bike should be getting about 40mpg. so while its warm ill be riding the bike.

Working on the drilling rigs in Alberta, means i need the truck. Which is how i also paid my bike in full ( they pay us big for what we do)

But anyways back to the bike. My dad still thinks im going to kill my self on this bike. Which is understandable, its not rare out here for a young man to get kill in his truck or bike out here,

And ive also noticed the low power in low RPM's ive been having a hard time getting her up on 1 wheel, WHich is kindof dissapointing knowing ive seen 600cc bikes do it with ease, But on the highway i blow them away like nobodies bussiness. Have you been able to get yours up on 1 wheel yet? I was able to once on an incline, wrenched out in 1st gear.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online