misfire warm engine

lallasro
This post is 3262 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys!

I have a problem with the FJ1200. when is getting hot, is starting misfire. this is not happening with the engine cold. I check the spark plugs and everything seems to be ok here. can be the ignition coil don`t working properly at hot temperatures?

thank you!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well, is not going very hot, after 1-2 min after I start the engine is start having misfire, sometime take longer if outside is cold. this is why I was thinking is the coils because in cold wheater the coils take a bit longer to get hot. I will check the mix.

Lassy, just a thought but had a similar thing on my FJ, changed both coils and never had it again. Think your best bet is to do the same. Is it on all 4 or just a pair of cylinders?

well, hard to say this slice :)) probably I got misfire on all. the spark plugs look identical. I just change them so I can`t "read" them very good. I order both coils to be sure :)

Edited by lallasro

well, hard to say this slice :)) probably I got misfire on all. the spark plugs look identical. I just change them so I can`t "read" them very good. I order both coils to be sure :)

Aldi do an infrared thermometer ATM, may be worth getting one to measure heat in coils and exhaust etc

• Like 1

check the compression .. it is unlikley but remove the option of worn valve seats ... this can happen if the valve clearances are not done on time and to be fair the 30k miles between checking the clearances does seam excessive 

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online