Centre stand rubs on chain

Barking zippy
This post is 3266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

completely new to bike owning, bought my 2012 ybr yesterday, and checking it over today I notice the centre when up rubs against the chain, it's not supposed to (obviously!) but I am not sure what's not working or missing to allow it to do that, anyone got a similar bike and could have a quick look and let me know? 

The exhaust cover was removed along with some of the wields and brackets, I wonder if there's  supposed to be something on there to block the stand from going up that high so it touches the chain on the other side?

cheers! 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Usually there is a rubber block attached to the bike at the bottom that the stand rests against, if you have the manual then it will be in there somewhere usually in amongst the frame and fittings section.

PartImage_91e85710-782a-4f1d-bf73-d1f89d  See the upper arm? there is a bracket with a hole in it, my best guess is that it should have a rubber bung in there. I don't own one but that would be where I would put it.

Edited by slice