Yamaha xj6 n - my first bike has cooling problems :(

yamahaxj6rider
This post is 3265 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dear fellow motor cycle riders, im from Holland and just bought a yamaha xj6 n. I love it! Problem is that when i ride it and shut it off around 100degrees Celsius the bike pukes cooling fluid.  my dad and i changed the cooling fan and also the radiator cap. That didnt help.. We kinda dont know what to do now. I really hope someone can help.  greetings Roel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There you go then problem solved, but you might as well buy a top end gasket set and change all the gaskets and valve seals while you have it apart, that way your covered in case any of the others are buggered. Might also be an idea to say "Hello" in the new members section (HINT!)

Edited by slice

100C is absolutely fine for a running temperature of an XJ6. If you're not getting up to highway speeds, then it'll typically sit in the high 90s.

And while this is a post after you think you've solved it - and may likely never even respond further [prove me wrong?] - where it's puking coolant from is important, and can help us offer better solutions to any problem.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online