Hello to all from the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Tacoman
This post is 3276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently came across a 1975 mx 175. It has been stored in a garage and has not been started for 15 years. Overall condition is pretty good. I'm going through cleaning and poking around and have ordered a manual and a new air filter (as the old one disintegrated upon removal). Fuel tank was empty and in excellent condition. Oils will be drained and filled with fresh stock.

Would greatly appreciate any input as to what else needs to be done prior to start up.

I have just enough mechanical ability to be dangerous, and look forward to spending time on this new project.

look forward to your replies.

Cheers Tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi tom "  there a rebust motor,,  the only thing I can see, is the crank seals my be hardend  ,due to standing,    this will surface when shes running,  as when she warms up, the idle usually creeps up , as air seeps by the seal.[ L/H ]  generator side,  the r/h  will suck gear oil if its gone,  [ white strong smelling smoke]  . but you may be lucky,    strip that carb, and clean the jets ,,  that's a  must  :welcome:

:wavey: welcome Tom!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online