Dt175 gearbox bearing kit, where ?

Wessie34
This post is 3050 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I can find the two large bearings on yambits but can't find the smaller needle rollers anywhere, I could maybe knock them out and measure but not sure if I would be buying the exact right size etc, has anyone ever replaced theirs ? Dave,   

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

+1 on ty but id be surprised if those bearings need changing. DT gearboxes are renown for being indestructible in normal use and almost indestructible (outputshaft bearing)when ridden by idiots through 3 feet of muddy ditchwater (hi there,B), was fun though).

• Like 2

Yeh dave "  those small needle bearings , are submerged in oil. and just locate the shafts in cases, never heard of them worn out,

the big bearing [output. behind the sprocket] can get stress, with overtightened chain 

Thanks everyone,  I am changing the clutch main as that seems worn, also appears to be in backwards although shouldn't matter! I'll change the output shaft one cos be daft not to.

And the needle rollers do seem fine so they're stopping,  phew.  T Y get them from yamaha, about £20 each.

• 2 months later...
On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 8:20 PM, Wessie34 said:

Thanks blackhat, I've decided they're OK, well, you good people have. I have the crank cases together now anyway so they better be ! Did your mate on the DT ( holed piston ?) get it sorted ?

Hes from Leeds,  him and his brother turn up every year to Squires,   there not on the Forums,  I seen him get uplifted that day,,:thumb:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online