"New" LS2 Question

Voyantus
This post is 3147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I just picked up this 1972 LS2 for free from a friend in return for helping clean his barn.  Hadn't been registered since 1975.  It's not perfect by a long ways but it cleaned up pretty nice.  I rebuild the carbs, new plugs etc and it is actually running pretty well.  I don't really know what to expect.  I do notice that the right side runs considerably stronger than the left.  When I make mix or idle adjustments to the right side they are immediately apparent.  The left seems quite a bit weaker and those same adjustments don't really seem to have any effect.  The manual is a little sparse on recommendation.  I'd be open to anyone's ideas.  Thanks in advance!

BB

1972 LS2.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

nice little bike, could be that a seal has gone on the left side. weakening the mix.

Have a look at the  plugs to give you an indication.

A wee beauty " :wub:,,, adjustments you say, I take it  you mean carbs , if you screw the air screw fully home. the engine should stumble,

if nothing , then the pilot jets either blocked or too small,