ybr 125 2008 ignition problem

galsjr
This post is 3216 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI Everyone,

I've got a bit of a issue I need a hand with. On Monday morning, I started up my bike with no problems at all but as I was leaving in the evening it didn't want to start up with the engine light just blinking(In no sequence, so doesnt looks like an error code) when I tried to kick it or use the electric start. In the end I just left it and used my car the next day.

When I got to work the next day the bike started with absolutely no issues so I tried to drive it home in my lunch but it cut out about 2 miles down the road, with the same problem as the day before. Very frustrating. It did briefly start up when I kicked started it but cut straight out as I revved.

Right now, it won't start. I've put in new oil, new fuel, a new spark plug and charged the battery, all to no avail.

I don't think its a sunlight issue as the second day was cloudy. The only thing i'm noticing is there is no spark but I'm not sure whether this is due a kill switch caused by another issue.

I'm going to try a new HT lead but in the meantime, has anybody any ideas or had a similar problem?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC. 

Firstly, you will probably get more responses if you introduce yourself in the new members section. We get a lot of one hit wonders here with quick what's wrong with my bike questions who then can't be bothered to even say cheers!

What bike is it? How old is the battery? Even if it has been charged, if it is a knackered battery, it will still be knackered! As Kev said, check the terminals of the battery first, then check any earthing wires for good connection. If there are no loose wires, get the battery checked as this is likely to be the problem. Did you fit the new HT leads? 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online