FZS600 Datatool removal help

JB8
This post is 3303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I have inherited an FZS600 with no keys or alarm fob.  As it came to me free I thought I would have a go seeing if it is a runner.  Then I can have a play around with it and turn it into a cafe racer, something I’ve always wanted to do.  Mechanically I’m reasonable aware but when it comes to the wiring I have not got much of a clue.

I’m in the process of trying to remove a Datatool S4 C1 from the wiring loom.  I was told by a mate to just trace the wires back to where they were spliced in and then remove.  Filling in anywhere the original cable was cut out, linking the ends of the same cable back up  -  Such a simple statement!!

I may be wrong but I think the alarm was factory fitted. I would be very appreciative of any advice on how to remove it. Below is where I am up to:

The Datatool battery + & - cables were just crimped on to the respective Loom cables so they were simple enough to remove.
One cable (Brown) was crimped to the signalling cables going to the fuse box, again easy to remove.
There are 4 other cable that are stumping me:-
  1. Runs from the Datatool into the black box mounted at the back of the bike, by the brake light cluster (I take it this is the ECU)
  2. Runs into the connector by the steerer tube for the Key ignition part of the loom (Black cable on my thumb being the Datatool cable)
  3. Runs into the connector by the steerer tube for the Right hand light switch part of the loom (Black cable on my thumb being the Datatool cable)
  4. Runs into the connector linked to a black circuit relay mounted to the left side of the battery.

This may be too simple a question but which do I remove and which do I link up as my version of logic tells me that the cable in my stumping point no.1 needs to connect to something, probably the ignition?!?

I'll try to get some pictures on

Cheers for any advice.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry but with things like this you will get little or no response without at least an introduction to tell people about yourself.

Helping people to remove alarms is not generally something you want to show in open forums. People may not want to share the info.

What if there are folk with this alarm on their bike.

I hope you fix it but be patient for any help.

Hi Cynic,

I appreciate that this is one of those questions.  The background to the bike is I bought a house and the previous owner didn't want anything to do with the bile so I've spoken with the Police who are satisfied that he doesn't want anything to do with it and I have now, successfully, applied to the DVLA for a V5C.

So I'm at the point now where the dealership wants £240 to remove it or I have a go myself.  I've stripped the bike down and as you can see from the post above identified where all the cables go.  It's just working out where to patch up to make it fire up, once I've got a new key and barrel.

sorry if I didn't explain the history properly, newbie excuse could abound:-)

cheers again

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online